Friday, January 8, 2016

MONO/POLY - "The Fuckin' Real"

My only visit to L.A. was technically to Anaheim where I was attending a conference. While I did eat some great Mexican food and stayed at a motel that looked like a castle with a pool in the courtyard, I did not really get to see the "L.A" I think about when I consider the great music that has come from that city. At some point I want to go back and when I do, I'll definitely be visiting HIT+RUN's site to see what they've got going on because they appear to be a focal point for a lot of the hip-hop/electronic/soul/jazz players I dig. Their imprint HNR just released - like January 4 2016 just released - Cryptic from MONO/POLY an artist I discovered because Thundercat plays bass on a couple tracks including my favourite, "The Fuckin' Real."

No comments:

Post a Comment